Thursday, December 28, 2006

Before the Lull

Pattern: http://www.knittingpureandsimple.com/socks.html - I used the lightweight pattern and adjusted for heavier yarn
Yarn: Knit Picks Parade - no longer available - but similar to Regia 6 in weight and feel
needles: size 3 dpns
Loved doing these socks in the thicker yarn - they practically knit themselves! So cozy too.

Decided to try felting. I found the following hat pattern online and since you knit it bigger, because it shrinks, while you're working on it it looks like a rasta hat that will have room for a bunch of dreads. I left it in the water maybe a minute or two longer than I should have. When I pulled it out I had to put it on my head and my dh and I had to pull on it vigorously to shape it. The worst part, besides the wet hair, was the smell of wet dog that came off of the wool - seriously gnarly. Next time I will knit a bit bigger brim and leave it in a few minutes less.

Pattern: http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/iceland-splash-feltedhat.html - without the novelty yarn
Yarn: Knit Picks Sierra in Leaf
needles: size 10 round and dpns

So in love with fingerless gloves! I never thought of wearing these until I started freezing while working on the computer - BTW if you live in LA for more than a year you completely lose touch with real temperatures and 60 feels absolutely arctic. Found a great online pattern and did a shorter cuff and only 8 rows from end of cuff to thumb gusset - its the perfect fit and doesn't look to big and bulky for work.

Pattern: mod from this PDF: thegivingflower.de/patterns/Cabled_Fingerless2.1_20060304.pdf
Yarn: Knit Picks Andean Treasure in Granite
Needles: size 4 dpns
I'm having major stress from set-in-sleeve dysfunction! They just rarely seem to fit right! I now have 2 sweaters that I've set aside because they have puffy shoulders; one is for my husband and he's simply not going to go for that look. So I decided to do some items that are flat. Maybe just one item - I could get bored of it. I had some alpaca so I started making a baby blanket. I made it up as I went along - I've heard that babies enjoy poking their fingers through lace and playing with bobbles. It was relaxing and took my mind off the horrid set-in-sleeve monstrosities.
BTW - that's my 34 year old Snoopy on the left - I got him at birth and he's had 2 arm surgeries and a neck procedure. On his right is Belle - his girlffriend since my 12th birthday. Her fur looks a little fresher.
Pattern: Mine
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Alpaca Cloud, Misti Alpaca Chunky, and some random cashmere
Time for a stuffed animal! I saw the "Kate" pattern in knitty and there was no turning back; although a friend did rename her Bubar - I find it fitting. She's a wonderful addition to the living room, she keeps Ardvark company and always looks happy, whether she's playing, reading or just relaxing.


Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andeas in Pumpkin, Violet and Hollyberry
Needle: size 10 ( I would recommend a 7 as the seems are visible and in areas she's a bit holy)






No comments: