Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Felted Tote

Yae! This took me no time at all. I designed it using my present everyday bag as my muse. My friend Marc got me the Cascade 220 yarn for Xmas - and the purse feet. My only issue was losing the purse feet in my washing machine - 2 of them fell out while felting. My dh took the middle of the washer out and there they were. I felted my gauge swatch so the size came out perfect.
Pattern: mine - soon to be posted in my free pattern section
Yarn: Cascade 220 (I'll list the exact colors tomorrow)
Needles: size 8
Purse Form: I bought some plastic mesh in the cross stich section of JoAnns for 89 cents and sewed one row to the next row over to shape it.
Lining: Did a lining with pockets for cell phone, blue tooth and my lip liner!

Handles: Bought a length of suede, cut it into 2 sections of 21 inches and took it to the shoe guy in my building to sew the handles on - making sure he knew to grab the purse form in his stitching - I don't want anything stretching out over time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this bag in person when I went to get my taxes done this past March and there is only one word to describe that bag . . . CUTE!! Jenya did a great job and most deservingly showing it off. I love the colors she chose and the fabric that was inside the bag. It's great to see pictures of how the bag was constructed on the inside. Knitting is awesome and I am glad that I met Jenya!

Tanya said...

This is a fabulous bag! I just adore the colors and love the suede handles. Are you still thinking of posting the pattern? If so, I will definitely attempt this one.